Environmental Assessment Practitioner
SES is looking for an Environmental Assessment Practitioner. The candidate will be required to perform various tasks associated with the efficient management of EIA projects. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will be the following:
- Project Management and administration for various types of development proposals. This includes liaising with multi-disciplinary specialist teams and external consultants (sub-contractors, specialists etc.) and service providers, to ensure that project outputs are delivered on time, and according to project requirements;
- Coordinating and facilitating public participation processes / stakeholder engagement;
- Environmental Impact Assessments (Basic Assessment & Full Scoping / EIA);
- Water-Use License Applications;
- Air Emission License Applications;
- Waste License Applications;
- Feasibility / Screening Assessments;
- Environmental Management Plans;
- Auditing; and
- Environmental Monitoring
- A recognised Degree in Environmental Management or related field and at least 1+ years practical experience in an environmental management position with similar responsibilities (and can therefore undertake the above requirements);
- Above average communication skills in both Afrikaans and English;
- Well organised – able to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate;
- The ability to work in a team and independently, as required;
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively (time management skills);
- Code 8 drivers’ licence (with own vehicle) and willingness to undertake project related travel;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes is essential;
- Knowledge of GIS would be beneficial.
- Ability to solve problems, interpret and analyse reports and data and to take initiative.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com.